Having a baby can be such a vulnerable time for women. It’s so easy to succumb to self-sacrifice rather than self-care.
After I got through my first year postpartum with my son, I realized that I had somehow managed to keep up my fitness, healthy eating, and meditation. In fact, I ran a half marathon not long after he turned one. Before his second birthday, I had competed in my first triathlon.
This had not been my experience at all in the first year after my older children’s births.
(Here I am with baby #1, and baby #4)
I came through those years feeling as though I had survived a near-drowning.
I decided that I wanted to help other women get through this time so they didn’t have to feel the way I did before.
Not only did I want to show them how they could balance it all, I wanted to help them to feel better about themselves in the process.
I realized, after speaking with women all over the world who had just had babies, that they needed very specific help getting their groove back. They needed:
- Support. Someone who has been there and knows what it’s like, someone to walk them through the hard stuff and listen to their struggles. Having a new baby can be lonely and isolating.
- Guidance. Help knowing what to eat and how much to eat to work with postpartum hormones, especially when breastfeeding. Guidance knowing how to exercise to save time AND be more effective.
- Time. Time is a precious commodity in the first year after giving birth. The more time I could free up for them, the better.
- Mindset Training. So many women can be so hard on themselves and their bodies after pregnancy. They need to cement any nutrition and fitness changes with a mindset that holds it all in place.
Last year I created a one-on-one coaching program that I hoped would help women not only survive the first year, but thrive the way I did.
I wanted to show them how investing in themselves can actually CREATE additional energy, not zap it away from their baby and family.
I opened it up to a handful of applicants who are all currently thriving, losing the weight they swore they could not lose, exercising regularly, and eating delicious, healthy meals each day.
They’re also enjoying Mexican restaurants, wine, and ice cream every now and then.
They have been incredibly successful at learning how to balance motherhood with the habits that make them look and feel great, and love themselves in the process.
They’ve been able to turn around poor body image and think differently about their post-baby bodies, before they ever even dropped their first size.
They were able to find that calorie “sweet spot” for nursing mothers – high enough to keep up milk supply and energy levels, but also signal to the body that it’s ok to drop extra fat.
If this sounds like something you could use help with, keep reading…
What my clients say
“I cannot say enough about how much I have enjoyed working with Deanna. With her help not only am I in the best shape and the strongest I have ever been before, but most importantly I am more confident and feel better than ever. I have struggled with body image for many many years and this program has helped me accept me for me. I no longer have a love/hate relationship with food and exercise. I never feel like I’m on a diet, I just live a healthy lifestyle. I feel like Deanna has become a friend of mine and helped guide me through this journey after having a baby. This program forced me to do something for me each day so I could be a better mommy to my little Luke. I HIGHLY recommend working with her if you feel you need some guidance after baby. Thank you Deanna for all you have done for me!!!” -Liz L
“I brag about how wonderful you are to everyone I can. Thank you so much for all of your help and for being so kind and thoughtful in your program. The fact that you combine a mental aspect to the program was perfect for me to remember to be grateful for everything I have to offer other than my physical appearance.
I just want to say how much I love working with you. Your videos are so helpful, your meals are delicious and not too difficult to make, you answer all of my questions with real-life wisdom and understanding of motherhood, and I LOVE that you make me do self-love homework. That little note by my scale about how great I am has been such a delight to see every morning. I would gladly write a glowing review about you on any review site.” -Julia G
“Deanna was the motivation I needed to get back into shape after having my babies. The coaching program, structure and mindset courses was what I needed to focus on myself and my goals. Deanna’s program made me realize I need to prioritize myself for the happiness of my children and my spouse. I am now stronger and leaner than I ever thought I would be. The structure of the program took away all the guess work and calculations to starting a new lifestyle. The weekly check ins kept me accountable and inspired. This is more than a diet plan, this is a lifestyle that is executable for the rest of your life. I am so happy and thankful I signed up for this! No one tells you how difficult and crazy motherhood is going to be, Deanna’s program made one piece of it a little more manageable!”-Paulina R
“I wanted to say how encouraging you are. You are a really great fitness coach. Every week I wonder (since I am always in a time crunch responding to you– kids interrupt constantly) what you could possibly think to say to me other than what you have already said. I can honestly say after hearing your video response I feel encouraged and excited to continue.” -Meredith F.
“Deanna is an amazing, supportive coach who truly helped me become healthier than I have ever been. The benefits of working with her have gone way beyond losing the baby weight: I have tons of energy, fewer bad habits (no more Diet Coke!), and I feel like my focus is on my health rather than what I look like. I would work with her again in a heartbeat and would recommend her to anyone wanting to get healthy and fit :)” -Jen B
“I was not prepared for the many changes that come with pregnancy~ physically and emotionally. Even though I have been a fitness trainer myself I had never had a baby which adds all sorts of new challenges so I needed support and luckily came across Deanna’s website. Not only is she a wealth of knowledge she is extremely caring, thoughtful and supportive. I wanted her coaching so that I could lose the stubborn pregnancy weight that just would not come off. I ended up losing all 30 lbs in a short time and gained a whole new perspective on my life as a Mom and how I feel in my body. Listening to my body and loving myself for who I am as I am, are a direct result of Deanna’s mindset homework and personal coaching. She is a remarkable woman and mother, and I feel so blessed to have her on my team. I am confident she can help any woman achieve their health and fitness goals. I was truly hopeless when I first came to her and now I feel empowered, confident and ready for baby #2!!” -Jeanine S
What’s included in Fit After Pregnancy Coaching?
Fit After Pregnancy is a one-on-one coaching program designed to teach you how to incorporate fitness and nutrition into your post-baby life, along with new mental skills to cement it all forever.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins to insure your progress.
- You’ll have access to me every weekday through email and video recordings anytime you need help or need support or advice.
- You’ll find your calorie “sweet spot” — high enough to keep up milk, increase energy levels, and still lose weight.
- You’ll receive a workout program based on your lifestyle and needs, whether for a gym or at home with no equipment.
- You’ll have access to weekly mindset training that will transform the way you think about yourself and your body.
- You’ll learn how to turn off negative thoughts and improve your relationship with your body.
- You’ll learn to implement the Progress Pyramid way of thinking and learn a new system of success.
- If you choose the meal plan option, you’ll have your meals planned out for you so all you have to do is shop, prep, and eat.
- You’ll learn how to enjoy social occasions or unexpected situations without feeling deprived.
If you are ready to get your groove back, but feel lost or overwhelmed when it comes to knowing what you actually need to do, one-on-one coaching is the perfect fit.
I’ll be here for you every step of the way until you feel ready to do it on your own.
How can you enroll?
Month to month with a 3 month minimum commitment
Choose your option by clicking the link above and you’ll be sent to PayPal to set up your payment profile. Once you pay, you’ll be re-directed to a page telling you what to do next. If you aren’t re-directed, email me at deannaschober at gmail dot com. You should hear from me within 24 hours of submitting your forms.
Who is one-on-one coaching for?
- Anyone who needs personalized help getting their fitness, nutrition, and body image back on track after giving birth, no matter when that was.
Who is one-on-one coaching NOT for?
- Women who are currently expecting a baby
- Anyone looking for quick fixes to weight loss problems or aren’t open-minded to a new way of thinking
What are my options?
- Customized Meal Plan + Coaching: I will plan your meals out based on the calories I have determined you need, making adjustments as needed to keep your progress moving forward.
- Macros and Calories + Coaching: I will plan and adjust your calories and fat/carb/protein ratios based on your progress. You will plan your own meals based on the guidelines I set.
Which program should I choose?
Choose the customized meal plan if you don’t know what you should be eating and/or don’t want to count calories. The practice of making and eating healthy, delicious recipes that you enjoy will teach you what works for your life.
Choose the macros/calories program if you don’t mind counting calories and prefer to plan your own meals, or if you have food restrictions such as no gluten, vegetarian/vegan, no dairy, or if you’re a very picky eater.
What is the cost of the programs?
- Customized Meal Plan + Coaching: $295/month, minimum 3 month commitment
- Macros and Calories + Coaching: $195/month, minimum 3 month commitment
To enroll, choose your option here:
Month to month with a 3 month minimum commitment
Choose your option by clicking the link above and you’ll be sent to PayPal to set up your payment profile. Once you pay, you’ll be re-directed to a page telling you what to do next. If you aren’t re-directed, email me at deanna @ fittobepregnant dot com. You should hear from me within 24 hours of submitting your forms.
Looking forward to working with you!