Welcome! I’m Deanna Schober, and I am here to help new and expecting moms like you.
I’m a fitness writer (see my work below) and certified nutrition coach (PN1) through the elite Precision Nutrition program for fitness professionals (coaching info here).
About This Site
Fit To Be Pregnant began as a way to document my first fit and healthy pregnancy after three unhealthy ones. It has since become a valued source of information for other expecting moms who seek their own fit and healthy pregnancies. I have researched tirelessly to provide the most up-to-date information regarding exercise and nutrition during pregnancy, postpartum recovery and weight loss, and breastfeeding. As my pregnancy years stretch out behind me, it is now evolving into a site teaching women to empower themselves through self-care during what can be the most vulnerable time of life, pregnancy and the first year of motherhood.
This site is a division of Schober Media, LLC.
I want to help women empower themselves through what can be the most vulnerable time of their lives by maximizing their health, fitness, nutrition, and body image, acting from a place of self-care. I want each woman visiting this site to know that she deserves to love herself during pregnancy and after giving birth. New motherhood is a beautiful time of life, but it can also give way to self-sacrifice because of the added responsibilities. Our babies deserve their mothers to be healthy, happy, and loved.
Hi, I’m Deanna! I love fitness, and love to compete in triathlons. I also love nature, music, coffee, traveling, and my family. I live in the burbs of Dallas, and I’m married to Tony, who is also a fitness writer and coach. We have one son together (the one I was pregnant with when I started this site), and I also have three older kids. I was 22 when I had my youngest and 37 when I had my oldest, with 2 in between!
If you’d like to know more about me and my own fit and healthy pregnancy with baby number four, here is where to start:
- My weekly updates with pictures and details of how I ate and exercised, starting as soon as I found out I was pregnant
- A comparison of my first three (unhealthy) pregnancies to my fourth
- The workouts I performed throughout my pregnancy
- How I beat postpartum depression without drugs this time
- My experience with and review of Hypnobabies
- The six lessons I learned from this fit and healthy pregnancy
- The reasons I chose natural childbirth
- Why I kept eating sushi during pregnancy
- Finding out we were having a boy
Ebook Available on Amazon
Top 10 articles for this site:
- 50 Pregnancy Meal Ideas
- A Postpartum Diet and Exercise Plan While Breastfeeding
- 10 Foods You Should Be Eating During Pregnancy
- 11 Ways To Naturally Reduce Swelling During Pregnancy
- 10 Loving Ways to Take Care of Your Pregnant Wife or Partner
- How Many Calories Should I Eat During Pregnancy?
- Preparing For Labor and Delivery: A Training Plan
- Breastfeeding and Fat Loss: Is It Harder to Lose Weight While Breastfeeding?
- Pregnancy and Exercise – Your Guide to The NEW Rules for Active Moms
- Best Workout Clothes for Pregnancy
More helpful posts:
- 10 Tips to Make Healthy Freezer Meals Before Baby Arrives (with recipes)
- 7 Easy Ways to Improve Your Pregnancy Diet
- 10 Essential Items for a Fit, Healthy, Comfortable Pregnancy and Birth
- The Ultimate Fit And Healthy Mom’s Baby Registry Checklist
- Interval Running For Maximum Postpartum Fat Loss
- 5 Healthy Pregnancy Habits
- Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- How to Keep a Positive Body Image During Pregnancy
- Body After Baby – Will I Ever Be The Same?
- 6 Mind-Blowing Reasons Why Pregnancy is Amazing
Frequently Mentioned Products that I Love:
- New Chapter Prenatal Vitamins
- You Lingerie nursing bras and maternity lingerie
- Carlson’s Cod Liver Oil
- Gabrialla maternity belt for pregnancy exercise
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth and Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- Amazon Mom and Amazon Baby Registry
- Sakura Bloom is the beautiful emerald and green ring sling you see me wearing on Instagram
- Camelbak Eddy water bottle
- Everyday Yoga Escape Prenatal Yoga
My writing has also been featured on these sites:
Connect with Me
Now that you know me, please join me! Sign up for my VIP club to receive exclusive content, and hear news and updates before everyone else.
Shoot me an email:
Product Reviews, Recommendations, and Disclaimer
I recommend many products on this site, some of which I receive compensation for. I never alter my opinion of a product in order to sell it, and all opinions expressed are my own. You can read my disclosure statement here.
I am happy to (honestly) review products for this site and participate in promotions. If you are interested in sharing your product with 50,000 monthly Fit To Be Pregnant visitors (and growing exponentially), you may contact me using the form above.
I am not a medical professional or personal trainer, only providing information through my own experience, research, and education through Precision Nutrition. Please read the disclaimer for more information.
(Maternity image courtesy of Ann Beck Photography)